Saturday, June 20, 2015


Dear Readers,
I have been on a real finishing streak lately, seems like there is nothing like wanting to work on some new projects to inspire completing some old projects! (I have a lovely custom storage cabinet gifted to me by my Dearest, but 8 bins of started projects is enough) [ok there are some in bags too, shhh ;) ]
But more importantly, I have been exploring my creativity with less judgement, and that has really taken the brakes off of wanting to make beautiful things!

Another thing that has helped is getting the EQ7 software in July 2014. It's totally better for me than graph paper. I love being able to adjust sizes to fit the fabric I have on hand, and creating my own quilting templates and labels.

A few quilts DID get done in the last four years, and I will write about those eventually, but I'm going to start with the recently finished ones first, and to heck with the chronological order!


A QUILT FOR A FRIEND'S FIRST GRANDCHILD
Flannel front and fleece back, made from an adorable large panel and a matching border print. I'm just crazy about mitered corners lately, and trust me, use your ruler to mark a good line, don't try to 'eyeball' it!
I outline quilted the printed blocks and did my own design [also drawn in EQ7] in the two outer borders. I am really happy with how it turned out!  It was good practice on free motion quilting.




"Made With Love", finished October 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment