Thursday, March 10, 2011

Welcome!

Hello Everyone and welcome to my page.



This will be a place to share my creative efforts in fabric, gardening, living, and other musings.  I may even have some of my delightfully talented friends stop by to post on occasion about their creative outlets.

I will be posting pictures of my quilts in the order of their completion, and I hope that this is going to be a very busy year for me ;)   Wish me luck!  I have two to give away in April (so they had better be ready soon!), one 'quick' blanket to appease my daughter who wants to keep all the ones she sees me make, two more for my twin nieces which have been in the works since before their first birthday (and now they are ready to enter kindergarden), one started with the 'extra' pieces of those two, fabric bought and patterns decided for 3 more, with ideas for 3 others...plus whatever inspirations arise along the way!  Ah, we quilters are quite a handful  :)  Imagine all the trouble we would get into if not for our fabulous obsession!

While my maternal grandmother earned a living my sewing in a factory and my stepmother sewed many beautiful special occasion dresses for me as I was growing up, I never took much to fabric, preferring instead to play with yarn (knitting and crocheting), or jewelry-making with wire and beads.

I discovered quilting in 2007 when I was first trying to get pregnant.  At the time our church was starting a baby quilt ministry and I was looking for a new skill, greater connection to the women in our fellowship and a way to begin leaving a tangible legacy of objects.  These wonderful ladies were a great comfort to me as I endured two first trimester miscarriages and then the successful full term pregnancy with my daughter.  They also made a beautiful quilt for her, which they all signed:



I was totally hooked on quilting by then.  I love the whole process, from the initial inspiration to the final stitches on the label my Dear Husband designed for me.  And I love how there are as many ways to quilt as there are quilters, and how I learn from each one I meet and each quilt I finish.  Thank you for joining me in this next phase of my life, making the world warmer and more beautiful one quilt at a time...

1 comment:

  1. It looks great & I love the story behind each quilt.

    K

    ReplyDelete